Barwa Real Estate
Barwa Real Estate Company:
Barwa Real Estate Company is one of the largest publicly listed real estate developers in the region, with QAR3.2 billion (USD889 million) in revenues in 2006. It is also among the region's top 20 real estate developers with over USD3.76 billion in mega-projects under development (as of year-end 2006). It is currently working on many master developments in various areas in Qatar. This Qatar-based company was established in December 2005 in the midst of the country’s substantial economic growth. Government-owned Qatari Diar holds 45% of its shares with the remainder 55% floated on the Doha Stock Market.
Barwa International is the international arm of Barwa Real Estate Company. In less than two years, the company has pushed towards expanding its investments both regionally and internationally in order to diversify its financial resources and minimize risk. To date, it has worldwide investments worth 1.5 billion Euros in Bahrain, the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, France, Belgium, Switzerland and Germany. The company plans to continue diversifying its investments and growth by targeting mature as well as emerging markets in the Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.